Article I - Name
The name of this organization is “Oklahoma Herpetological Society” hereafter referred to as the “Society”.
Article II - Purpose
To encourage education and dissemination of scientific information through the facilities of the Society.
To encourage conservation of wildlife in general and of amphibians and reptiles in Oklahoma in particular.
To achieve closer cooperation and understanding between amateur and professional herpetologists, so that they may work together in the common cause of furthering science.
Article III - Bylaws
The Society shall establish bylaws concerning the organization and procedures to be followed.
Article IV - General Prohibitions
Notwithstanding any provision of this constitution or the bylaws which might be to a contrary interpretation:
- The Society shall be organized and operation exclusively for scientific and educational purposes;
- No part of the net earnings of the Society shall or may under any circumstances inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual;
- No substantial part of the activities of the Society shall consist of carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation;
- The Society shall not participate in, or intervene in (including publishing or distribution of statements), any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office;
- The Society shall not be organized or operated for profit;
- The Society shall not:
- Lend any part of its income or corpus, without the receipt of adequate security and reasonable rate of interest;
- Pay any compensation, in excess of a reasonable allowance for salaries or other compensation for personal services actually rendered;
- Make any part of its services available on a preferential basis;
- Make any purchase of securities or any other property for more than adequate consideration in money or money’s worth from;
- Sell any securities or other property for less than adequate consideration in money or money’s worth to; or
- Engage in any other transactions which result in a substantial diversion of its income or corpus to;
Any officer, or substantial contributor to the organization.
The prohibitions contained in this subsection 6 do not mean to imply that the organization may make such loans, payments, or sales to or purchases from anyone else, unless such authority be given or implied by other provisions of this constitution or bylaws.
Article V - Distribution on Dissolution
Upon dissolution of the Society, the officers of the Society shall distribute the assets and accrued income to one or more organizations as the determined by them, which organization or organizations shall meet the limitations prescribed in subsections 1 to 6 inclusive, of Article IV immediately preceding.